POSITION: Lead Editor & Camera Operator
REPORTS TO: Founder and Director, Nadus Films
SALARY: $50k - $70k, with bonus opportunities
Under the direction of the Founder and Director, the Lead Editor & Camera Operator's primary role is to provide leadership, guidance, and their own creativity and personality to a project throughout the post-production process. In addition, this position is responsible for capturing compelling footage as a camera operator while on production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Prepare gear for shoots, researching and renting gear when needed;
- Stay abreast of trends and technology, specifically how it can aide in client deliverables;
- Keep an eye toward competitive work and ensure the brand stays ahead and pushes boundaries.
- Work with the Director and Producer to prep shooting locations and subjects;
- Using an “editors’ eye”, serve as a camera operator, filming content that will drive great storytelling;
- Assist with lighting and capturing quality audio when not shooting;
- Support and help implement technical decisions such as cameras, lenses, lighting, composition, and blocking to ensure successful execution of project vision and goals;
- Review dailies to confirm required shots are being captured according to the shot list and production schedule;
- In collaboration with the Director, ingest, organize, and edit video footage, audio, and music tracks according to tight scripts and storyboards or loose production guidelines;
- Facilitate and address all agency and /or client cut changes throughout the approval process;
- Conceptualize and edit complex two-dimensional and three-dimensional graphics and animations when appropriate;
- Prepare projects to be handed off to Second Editor for color grading and sound engineering;
- Provide internal project leadership to Second Editor, ensuring successful color grading and audio mastering;
- Concept and edit trailers, teasers, and marketing material;
- Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations;
- Maintain all editing equipment, troubleshoots problems, and actively facilitates repairs;
- Ensure the brand aesthetic is successfully translated into high quality visual assets.
- Relocation to Louisville, KY required
- Excited to travel domestically and internationally and has the ability to be on production for extended periods of time;
- Adventure junkie;
- Proficient in DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere and After Effects;
- Experience working with RED and Sony cameras;
- Proven track-record of working on big-budget projects;
- Highly creative and an out-of-the-box thinker that has worked in both the documentary and commercial filmmaking spheres;
- Experience leading a team of video professionals in a professional environment;
- A team player that thrives in a collaborative environment;
- Maintains a positive attitude and performs well in stressful situations;
- Practices humility and is hungry to learn;
- Mad ping-pong skills.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and a sample of your work showcasing your editing and shooting talent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Lead Editor & Camera Operator” in the subject line. Deadline for submission is January 11, 2019. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.