POSITION: Video Editor & Camera Operator
REPORTS TO: Founder and Director
SALARY: $45 – $55k
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 21, 2021
Under the direction of the Founder and Director, the Video Editor & Camera Operator’s primary responsibility is to develop, edit, and create content, from start to finish, that engages an audience and creates a buzz. A basic understanding of shooting on professional camera systems is plus. This position requires extensive international and domestic travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Stay abreast of trends and technology, specifically how it can aide in project deliverables;
– Keep an eye toward competitive work and ensure the brand stays ahead and pushes boundaries.
– Serve as second shooter, when the production demands it, capturing compelling footage that will drive great storytelling;
– When necessary, assist with lighting, grip and capturing quality audio;
– Review dailies to confirm required shots are being captured according to the shot list and production schedule;
– Manage and safeguard all media, including performing daily digital image transfers.
Post-Production (Principal Role)
– In collaboration with the Director and other editor(s), ingest, organize, and edit video footage, audio, and music tracks according to tight scripts and storyboards or loose production guidelines;
– Work fluidly with other editor(s) as a support;
– Facilitate and address all agency and/or client cut changes throughout the approval process;
– Prepare projects to be handed off to other editor(s) for color grading and sound engineering;
– Concept and edit trailers, teasers, and company marketing material;
– Maintain proper file structure and approach allowing for future edits/adaptations;
– Maintain all editing equipment, troubleshoot problems, and actively facilitate repairs;
– Ensure the brand aesthetic is successfully translated into high quality visual assets.
– Relocation to Louisville, KY required;
– Excited to travel and has the ability to be on production for extended periods of time;
– Adventure junkie;
– Is capable to work and film inside dangerous and risky environments;
– Proficient using non-linear editing software and After Effects;
– Highly creative and an out-of-the-box thinker that has worked in both the documentary and commercial filmmaking spheres;
– A team player that thrives in a collaborative environment;
– Maintains a positive attitude and performs well in stressful situations;
– Practices humility and is hungry to learn;
– Mad ping-pong skills.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and a sample of your work showcasing your editing and shooting talent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Editor Camera & Operator” in the subject line. Apply on or before May 21, 2021. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.